Are you looking for romantic getaways in Georgia to spice up your love life without breaking the bank? Or do you want to surprise your partner with a memorable weekend getaway in Georgia that will bring you closer together? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you’re in luck. Georgia, renowned for its romantic getaways on a budget, offers some of the best weekend escapes for couples. Whether you prefer the mountains, the coast, or the city, you’ll discover the best romantic getaways in Georgia that cater to your desires. From affordable retreats to luxurious experiences, Georgia provides diverse options for couples seeking unforgettable moments.
In this blog post, we’ll show you 15 of the most charming and affordable romantic getaways in Georgia that will make your heart skip a beat. These places offer a variety of activities, attractions, and accommodations that will suit any taste and budget. Plus, they are all within driving distance from Atlanta, so you don’t have to worry about long flights or expensive tickets. So, what are you waiting for? Grab your bags, hop in the car, and get ready to experience some of the best romantic getaways in Georgia.
Presenting a list of 15 Must-Visit Romantic Getaways in Georgia for Couples
1: Visit Scenic Blue Ridge
Are you ready to spice up your love life with a mountain getaway? Then pack your bags and head to Blue Ridge, one of the most romantic getaways in Georgia. This lovely town is surrounded by the majestic Blue Ridge Mountains, where you can breathe in the fresh air and admire the scenic views.
You can also have some fun and adventure with your partner, whether it’s hiking to waterfalls, riding the historic Blue Ridge Scenic Railway, or exploring the charming downtown. And don’t forget to treat yourselves to some wine tasting, horseback riding, or boating on Lake Blue Ridge. Whatever you do, you’ll feel the sparks flying in this cozy and relaxing retreat.
Things to Experience in Blue Ridge
- Take a scenic drive along the Blue Ridge Parkway, one of the most beautiful roads in America.
- Snuggle up in a luxury cabin with a fireplace, a hot tub, and a mountain view.
- Pick your own apples, cherries, strawberries, peaches, or blueberries at Mercier Orchards, the largest orchard in the state.
Popular Visual Stories: 9 Amazing Things to Do in Georgia in 2023
2: Experience Historic Savannah
If you want to experience the romance of the Old South, Savannah is the place to be. This gorgeous city is one of the best romantic getaways in Georgia, with its historic charm, beautiful architecture, and friendly atmosphere. You and your partner can wander along the cobblestone streets, marvel at the antebellum mansions, and discover the history and culture of the city.
You can also enjoy a romantic carriage ride, a scenic riverboat cruise, or a spooky ghost tour if you dare. And of course, you can savor the mouthwatering Southern cuisine, from crispy fried chicken and fluffy biscuits to succulent shrimp and grits and sweet pecan pie.
Things to Experience in Savannah
- Explore the Savannah Historic District, the largest National Historic Landmark District in the US.
- Relax in a romantic inn or bed and breakfast, such as the Hamilton-Turner Inn, the Kehoe House, or the Ballastone Inn.
- Watch the sunset from the rooftop bar of the Perry Lane Hotel, a luxury boutique hotel with a chic vibe.
3: Enjoy Nature at Jekyll Island
Looking for romantic getaways in Georgia that will make you feel like you’re on a different planet? Then Jekyll Island is the perfect destination for you. This island is a natural wonder, with its crystal-clear beaches, green forests, and diverse wildlife. You and your sweetheart can bike along the 25 miles of trails, kayak through the salt marshes, or visit the Georgia Sea Turtle Center.
You can also have some fun and games with golf, tennis, or croquet, or pamper yourselves at the Jekyll Island Club Resort, a historic hotel that used to host the crème de la crème of America. Jekyll Island is a place where you can escape the hustle and bustle of the city and enjoy each other’s company.
Things to Experience in Jekyll Island
- Swim, surf, or sunbathe at Driftwood Beach, one of the most scenic and romantic beaches in Georgia.
- Experience the thrill of horseback riding on the beach with Three Oaks Farm Equestrian Services.
- Treat yourself to a couples massage, a facial, or a body wrap at the Jekyll Island Club Salon and Spa.
4: Discover Culture and Art at Athens
If you’re looking for romantic getaways in Georgia that will stimulate your senses, Athens is the ideal choice. This lively city is full of culture, art, and music that will inspire you and your partner. You can visit the Georgia Museum of Art, the State Botanical Garden of Georgia, or the Lyndon House Arts Center.
You can also enjoy a live show at the 40 Watt Club, the Georgia Theatre, or the Classic Center. And don’t forget to indulge in the local cuisine, from barbecue and burgers to vegan and vegetarian options. Athens is a place where you can have a blast and fall in love all over again.
Things to Experience in Athens
- Explore the downtown area, where you can find unique shops, galleries, and murals.
- Take a self-guided tour of the Athens Music History Trail, where you can learn about the legendary bands and artists that emerged from the city.
- Enjoy a romantic dinner at The National, a Mediterranean-inspired restaurant that uses fresh and local ingredients.
5: Indulge in Luxury at Barnsley Resort
Do you want to treat yourself and your partner to luxurious and romantic getaways in Georgia? Then Barnsley Resort is the perfect place for you. This resort is situated on a 3,000-acre estate, where you can find a 19th-century manor house, a golf course, a spa, and a garden.
You can choose from a variety of accommodations, such as a spacious cottage, a cozy cabin, or an elegant suite, all with fireplaces, soaking tubs, and plush robes. You can also dine in style, taste some wine, or sip some tea at the resort’s restaurants and bars.
Things to Experience in Barnsley Resort
- Relax and rejuvenate at the Spa at Barnsley Resort, where you can choose from a variety of treatments, such as massages, facials, or body wraps.
- Experience the thrill of clay shooting, archery, or falconry at the Beretta Shooting Grounds, one of the best sporting clays facilities in the country.
- Explore the history and beauty of the Barnsley Gardens, where you can see the ruins of the original manor house, the museum, and the fairy godmother’s cottage.
Popular Visual Stories: 7 Top Affordable and Charming Honeymoon Destinations in USA
6: Escape to Nature at Cloudland Canyon State Park
Are you and your partner ready for an adventure in the wild? Then Cloudland Canyon State Park is one of the best romantic getaways in Georgia for you. This park is a natural wonder, with its deep gorge, waterfalls, caves, and trails.
You can explore the park by hiking, biking, or horseback riding, or take a guided tour of Sitton’s Cave or the Cloudland Canyon Cave. You can also sleep under the stars, glamping in style, or stay in a yurt, a cottage, or a lodge at the park.
Things to Experience in Cloudland Canyon State Park
- Admire the views of the canyon and the waterfalls from the West Rim Loop Trail, a five-mile moderate hike that offers some of the best vistas in the park.
- Experience the adventure of ziplining, rappelling, or rock climbing at the Screaming Eagle Aerial Adventure Park, a fun and safe way to explore the park from above.
- Enjoy a romantic picnic at one of the many picnic areas in the park, or have a cozy dinner at the Canyon Grill, a rustic restaurant that serves local and organic food.
7: Have Fun at Tybee Island
If you and your partner are looking for romantic getaways in Georgia that will make you feel like you’re on a tropical island, Tybee Island is the answer. This island is a beach lover’s paradise, with its sunny weather, sandy shores, and blue waters. You can have some fun and excitement with your partner, whether it’s swimming, surfing, or fishing at the beach, or renting a kayak, a paddle board, or a jet ski to explore the water.
You can also learn more about the island’s history and nature by visiting the Tybee Island Light Station and Museum, the Tybee Island Marine Science Center, or the Fort Pulaski National Monument. And don’t forget to join the party, such as the Tybee Island Pirate Fest, the Tybee Island Wine Festival, or the Tybee Island Beach Bum Parade.
Things to Experience on Tybee Island
- Watch the sunrise or the sunset from the Tybee Pier and Pavilion, a historic landmark that offers a great view of the ocean and the island.
- Snuggle up in a beachfront hotel, a cozy cottage, or a colorful inn, such as the DeSoto Beach Hotel, the Mermaid Cottages, or the Tybee Surf Song Bed and Breakfast.
- Taste the fresh seafood, the Southern comfort food, or the tropical cocktails at the island’s restaurants and bars, such as the Crab Shack, the Sundae Cafe, or the Tybee Island Social Club.
8: Explore the Charm of Dahlonega
Where history meets charm in the lap of Blue Ridge Mountains, perfect for those craving romantic getaways in Georgia! Brace yourselves for an adventure back in time with the Dahlonega Gold Museum, Consolidated Gold Mine, and Crisson Gold Mine.
Fancy a dose of culture? Dive into arts at the Holly Theatre or the Dahlonega Arts Council. Bookworms, rejoice at the Dahlonega Literary Festival! Oh, and did I mention the local wineries, breweries, and distilleries? Sip award-winning spirits and savor divine wines. It’s a rendezvous with history, arts, and a touch of liquid gold
Things to Experience in Dahlonega
- Experience the beauty and tranquility of the Amicalola Falls State Park, where you can see the highest waterfall in Georgia and hike the Appalachian Trail.
- Stay in a romantic inn or bed and breakfast, such as the Long Mountain Lodge, the Mountain Laurel Creek Inn and Spa, or the Lily Creek Lodge.
- Dine at one of the many restaurants and cafes in the town square, such as the Corkscrew Cafe, the Back Porch Oyster Bar, or the Bourbon Street Grille.
9: Immerse Yourself in Culture and History at Macon
The ultimate gem for adventurous love-birds seeking romantic getaways in Georgia! Dive into a symphony of culture and history—explore Otis Redding’s roots, groove at the Allman Brothers Band Museum, and indulge in the Tubman Museum’s rich heritage. Architectural admirers, brace yourselves for the Hay House, Cannonball House, and the Ocmulgee National Monument’s grandeur. But wait, there’s more! Join the party at the Cherry Blossom Festival, rock out at the Macon Film Festival, and jam at the Bragg Jam Music Festival.
Things to Experience in Macon
- Listen to live music at the Cox Capitol Theatre, the Hargray Capitol Theatre, or the Grand Opera House, where you can enjoy a variety of genres, from rock and blues to jazz and classical.
- Relax in a charming hotel, a historic mansion, or a cozy cottage, such as the 1842 Inn, the Burke Mansion, or the SoChi Gallery and Guest House.
- Savor the Southern cuisine, the international flavors, or the sweet treats at the city’s restaurants and bakeries, such as the Dovetail, the Tic Toc Room, or the Cake Shoppe.
10: Experience the Adventure of Helen
If you and your partner are craving some European flair without crossing the ocean, why not head to Helen, Georgia? This charming town is a replica of a German alpine village, where you can stroll along the cobblestone streets, admire the gingerbread houses, and indulge in the festive decorations. Whether you want to celebrate Oktoberfest, shop at the Christmas Market, or soar in the Hot Air Balloon Race, Helen has something for everyone.
You can also spice up your romance with some outdoor adventures, such as tubing, rafting, or ziplining on the Chattahoochee River, or exploring the scenic mountains by hiking, biking, or horseback riding. Helen is one of the best romantic getaways in Georgia for couples who love fun and adventure.
Things to Experience in Helen
- See the amazing rock formations, the underground lake, and the waterfall at the Ruby Falls, one of the most spectacular caves in the country.
- Stay in a cozy cabin, a luxurious lodge, or a quaint inn, such as the Cedar Creek Cabin Rentals, the Valhalla Resort Hotel, or the Alpine Hilltop Haus Bed and Breakfast.
- Taste the authentic German food, the local wine, or the craft beer at the town’s eateries and pubs, such as the Old Bavaria Inn, the Habersham Winery, or the King Ludwig’s Biergarten.
11: Relax and Reconnect at Serenbe
Do you want to escape the hustle and bustle of the city and enjoy a tranquil and eco-friendly retreat with your loved one? Then Serenbe is the perfect place for you. Serenbe is a community nestled in the Chattahoochee Hills, where you can experience a serene and sustainable lifestyle.
You can choose from a variety of accommodations, such as a modern farmhouse, a cozy cottage, or a charming inn, all featuring organic linens, natural toiletries, and fresh flowers. You can also savor the farm-to-table dining, the wellness programs, or the cultural events at the community. Serenbe is one of the most romantic getaways in Georgia for couples who seek peace and harmony.
Things to Experience in Serenbe
- Visit the Serenbe Farms, where you can see the organic crops, the free-range animals, and the honeybees, or join a cooking class, a farm tour, or a harvest dinner.
- Pamper yourself at the Spa at Serenbe, where you can choose from a range of services, such as massages, facials, or body treatments, or relax in the sauna, the steam room, or the whirlpool.
- Experience the art and culture of Serenbe, where you can watch a play at the Serenbe Playhouse, a concert at the Chatt Hills Music, or an exhibition at the Serenbe Art Farm.
12: Discover the Beauty of Madison
If you and your sweetheart are history buffs, you will love Madison, Georgia. This town is a treasure trove of antebellum homes, each with its own story and charm. You can explore the Heritage Hall, the Rogers House, or the Rose Cottage, or check out the museums that showcase the town’s culture, art, and quirky collections.
You can also enjoy the lively downtown, where you can find cozy cafes, delicious restaurants, and unique boutiques. Madison is one of the most romantic getaways in Georgia for couples who want to travel back in time and experience the old-fashioned charm of a historic town.
Things to Experience in Madison
- See the stunning gardens, the exotic animals, and the seasonal events at the Madison-Morgan Conservancy, a private estate that offers guided tours and educational programs.
- Stay in a romantic hotel, a historic bed and breakfast, or a cozy cabin, such as the James Madison Inn, the Brady Inn, or the Farmhouse Inn.
- Taste the local wine, the craft beer, or the artisan cheese at the town’s wineries, breweries, and cheese shops, such as the Farmview Market, the Morgan County Brewery, or the Madison Chophouse Grille.
13: Experience the Thrill of Atlanta
This city is a hub of attractions, entertainment, and culture, where you can find something for every taste and mood. You can marvel at the Georgia Aquarium, the World of Coca-Cola, or the CNN Center, or learn about the Martin Luther King Jr. National Historical Park, the Atlanta History Center, or the Center for Civil and Human Rights.
You can also spice up your romance with some nightlife, sports, or festivals at the city’s clubs, stadiums, and venues. Atlanta is one of the most romantic getaways in Georgia for couples who love to have fun and explore.
Things to Experience in Atlanta
- Ride the SkyView Atlanta, a giant Ferris wheel that offers a panoramic view of the city and the surrounding area.
- Stay in a luxurious hotel, a trendy loft, or a stylish apartment, such as the Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta, the W Atlanta Downtown, or the Loews Atlanta Hotel.
- Dine at one of the many restaurants and bars in the city, such as the Varsity, the Sun Dial Restaurant, or the Sweet Georgia’s Juke Joint.
Popular Visual Stories: 7 Amazing Attractions to Visit in Atlanta
14: Enjoy the Serenity of Lake Oconee
How about a romantic getaway in Georgia that combines the tranquility of a lake with the excitement of various activities? That’s what you can find at Lake Oconee, a large and beautiful lake in the heart of Georgia. This lake is a paradise for fishing, boating, swimming, and golfing lovers, offering a range of options and facilities.
You can rent a pontoon, a jet ski, or a kayak to discover the lake, or join a guided tour, a fishing charter, or a sunset cruise. You can also tee off at one of the six courses around the lake, or pamper yourself at the spa, the pool, or the beach.
Things to Experience in Lake Oconee
- Visit the Oconee Brewing Company, where you can taste the craft beers, tour the brewery, or attend the events and concerts.
- Stay in a luxurious resort, a spacious villa, or a cozy cottage, such as the Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee, the Cuscowilla on Lake Oconee, or the Lake Oconee Rentals.
- Dine at one of the many restaurants and cafes around the lake, such as the Georgia’s Bistro, the Linger Longer Steakhouse, or the Yesterday Cafe.
15: Discover the Magic of Pine Mountain
For a mountain town that will enchant you and your partner, look no further than Pine Mountain, Georgia. This town is the gateway to the Callaway Gardens, a 6,500-acre resort that will dazzle you with its butterfly center, its horticultural center, its discovery center, and its fantasy in lights show.
You can also get wild at the Wild Animal Safari, where you can encounter over 500 animals from around the world, or visit the F.D. Roosevelt State Park, where you can see the Little White House, the Dowdell’s Knob, or the Pine Mountain Trail. Pine Mountain is one of the most romantic getaways in Georgia for couples who love magic and wonder.
Things to Experience in Pine Mountain
- Experience the thrill of flying through the trees at the TreeTop Adventure, a zip line and obstacle course that offers a bird’s eye view of the gardens.
- Stay in a comfortable hotel, a rustic cabin, or a charming bed and breakfast, such as the Mountain Creek Inn, the Pine Mountain Cabins, or the White Columns Inn.
- Taste the Southern hospitality, the country cooking, or the homemade desserts at the town’s eateries and bakeries, such as the Country Kitchen, the Carriage and Horses, or the Three Little Pigs BBQ.
Thank you for reading this blog post about the 15 amazing and budget-friendly romantic getaways in Georgia. These places are perfect for couples who want to have some quality time together, have some fun, and make some lasting memories. Whether you’re in the mood for a snug mountain hideaway, a historic city adventure, or a soothing lake getaway, you’ll find it in Georgia.
So, don’t hesitate any longer. Plan your trip today and get ready to fall head over heels for Georgia. And remember to share this blog post with your friends and family who are looking for some romantic ideas. Thank you for reading, and happy travels! 😊
Here are some commonly asked questions about romantic getaways in Georgia.
How to spend 3 days in Georgia?
Spend 3 days in Georgia by visiting Atlanta, Savannah, and Helen. Explore Coca-Cola World, Georgia Aquarium, Martin Luther King Jr. National Historical Park in Atlanta. Enjoy Savannah’s historic charm and cuisine, ending with relaxation in Helen’s Bavarian-style village for hiking and shopping.
What are the best places to visit for couples?
Ideal couple destinations in Georgia include Tybee, Jekyll, and St. Simons Islands. Enjoy romantic coastal scenery, beach strolls, sunset views, biking, spas, historic landmarks, and museums showcasing local culture.
Can unmarried couples stay together in Georgia?
Unmarried couples can stay together in Georgia hotels. Some places might have specific policies; it’s advisable to check before booking. Respect local customs, especially in rural or conservative areas.
Is Georgia good for couples?
Georgia suits couples seeking diverse experiences—urban to natural, historic to modern, with Southern hospitality. Offers art, culture, food, music, sports, and nature-based activities for a memorable trip.
Which month is good for Georgia?
Best times to visit Georgia are spring (March-May) and fall (September-November) for mild weather and fewer crowds. Summer offers festivals, while winter is colder but charming, especially during holidays.
What is the most visited place in Georgia?
According to the Georgia Tourism Annual Report, the most visited place in Georgia is the Georgia Aquarium, hosting 2.4 million visitors annually. It showcases marine life through exhibits, shows, and research initiatives.
What is the live in lover law in Georgia?
Georgia’s live-in lover law allows a spouse to sue a third party involved with their separated partner to protect marriage sanctity, established in 1996.
Do unmarried couples have rights in Georgia?
Unmarried couples lack legal rights in Georgia concerning property, inheritance, healthcare, and parenting. Legal documents like wills, trusts, and agreements are advisable for protection.
Is Georgia a good place to love?
Georgia’s diversity and romantic settings make it an excellent place for love expressed through various avenues like music, art, food, and festivals.
Is Georgia good for honeymoon?
Georgia serves as a great honeymoon destination with diverse options—urban sophistication in Atlanta, historic elegance in Savannah, mountain beauty, island relaxation, culinary experiences, and entertainment. Tailor your honeymoon to your preferences.